Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines
When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165152] Tue, 28 March 2006 09:04 Go to next message
onedog24
After upgrading a couple of years ago from Version 4.5 to 6i we've had a problem with the "When-Mouse-DoubleClick" trigger on some of our forms. It used to only affect us developers, but now some of the end users are having the problem, as well. See, there are forms where a user would double click on a row of highlighted information on a list in order to pop up another form. Well, you literally have to click dozens and dozens of times all over the row to make this happen. Which is a big problem for end users. Currently, one end user can do it without a problem. But, the other double clicks dozens of times. It seems like it's gotten worse for the people it happens to over the last couple of years. Does anyone have any idea of anything to try? I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165221 is a reply to message #165152] Tue, 28 March 2006 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you running this client/server on a Linux box (where the clicks have to be VERY CLOSE together and the mouse MUST NOT MOVE) or via an Application Server and through a browser (go to the window 'display' properties and make the double-click time-out longer)?

David
Re: When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165324 is a reply to message #165221] Wed, 29 March 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onedog24
Thanks for the reply. I believe the forms are running off an application server. However, they are not being used within a windows explorer type window. The system architecture has windows for each environment that were in house created by the consultants 10 years ago. Does that help any? Not 100% clear on where you telling me to look for the 'display' properties, either.
Re: When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165415 is a reply to message #165324] Thu, 30 March 2006 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry, your description does not help.

I believe that the user who can NOT get it to work is holding their mouse incorrectly. The mouse MUST NOT MOVE when the button is double clicked. Please observe how they are 'doing it' and I believe you will find that they are 'jerking' their mouse. Get them to rest their thumb and little finger on the 'table' when them they double click, and they should do it 'lightly' so that the mouse is not pushed around.

David
Re: When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165470 is a reply to message #165415] Thu, 30 March 2006 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onedog24
Yeah, this is not the problem. I personally went to the end user's machines and tried it. Plus, I have the same problem on my machine, as well. Thanks for trying, though.
Re: When-Mouse-DoubleClick Not working on some machines [message #165567 is a reply to message #165470] Thu, 30 March 2006 23:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have new PCs or have you installed a new mouse - specifically a logitec mouse? If so remove the 'back-oriface' (sorry I can't rememner how it is spelt) program. Alternatively, uninstall the logitec mouse completely, and then just use the mouse without installing ANYTHING from the install CD.

David
Previous Topic: use no_validate but not save my data
Next Topic: English and arabic input
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:23:10 CDT 2024