Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms6i for Unix
Forms6i for Unix [message #151804] Mon, 19 December 2005 05:32 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi,

I have never used Oracle or Forms/Reports(D2K) for Unix. Now i need to get some information regarding this. I hardly could find any information on this topic on internet. What i want to know is whether Forms6i for Unix is same as Forms 6i for Windows (i'm talking about the environment/GUI for this platform). Is it a completeTUI (Text user Interface) or looks alike the GUI of Forms6i for Windows. What are the major differences between these two ? i.e., differences exist only in the working environment or much more. Where i can find more information exclusively on Forms6i and Reports6i for Unix ?

If anyone knows about this topics, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal Narayanan.

Re: Forms6i for Unix [message #151922 is a reply to message #151804] Mon, 19 December 2005 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The only differences I have noticed between Windows and Unix 6.0 and 6i are that you need to hold the mouse button down on the windows menus, that the Unix menus are 'tear-off', and there are line numbers in the PL/SQL editor on the Unix.

Of course, webutil and ora_ffi are Windows only (I think).

David
Re: Forms6i for Unix [message #151942 is a reply to message #151922] Mon, 19 December 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi,

Can you please suggest me a good Book written on 'Forms6i and Reports6i for Unix', (Name of Author and Publisher if any) I need it very urgenlty.

It is not easily available here.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal Narayanan.
Re: Forms6i for Unix [message #152075 is a reply to message #151942] Tue, 20 December 2005 19:36 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
As I said, the differences are trivial. Just use the documentation from the OTN website. Link is in the sticky at the beginning of the forum.

David
Previous Topic: Oracle reports connection coding from the menu editor/PLSQL
Next Topic: httpd.conf help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:49:56 CDT 2024