Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Running form as background Process
Running form as background Process [message #147817] Mon, 21 November 2005 04:33 Go to next message
sarfraz_attari
We are using Oracle 9i on Linux 7.3
we developed forms in forms 6.0
some of the forms are resource hungry means they are using high memory so it affects the performance of application used by other users.
someone told me that it is possible to run such process as background process in Linux.

can anyone tell me how to run form as background process of Linux

Thanks

Sarfraz
Re: Running form as background Process [message #149793 is a reply to message #147817] Mon, 05 December 2005 00:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

We are using Oracle 9i on Linux 7.3
we developed forms in forms 6.0
some of the forms are resource hungry means they are using high memory so it affects the performance of application used by other users.
Okay. I interpret this quote to mean that you are running 9i APPLICATION SERVER on Linux 7.3 and that you have migrated your forms from 6.0 to 9i and you are finding that the Application Server is running slowly for some of these forms.

Three solutions: add more RAM to the AS box; tune the AS box at the Linux level [this is not a forms problem per se but is probably due to block sizes, or other applications being run on the AS box]; review the code in your forms and put as much of it as possible into packages and procedures in the database.

David
Previous Topic: Global Variable
Next Topic: File Not Found Error when i run my form from Form Builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:22:50 CDT 2024