Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev.
about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134438] Wed, 24 August 2005 23:23 Go to next message
sanaafridi

hello to all

i am trying to accomplish a task in which ,when i chnage the staus of text item so it perform search .i.e in VB 6.0 we have a trigger when_ text_item_changeD i.e when i have a empty text item and then enter say A so the search executed for those name starting form A similarly when enter B so the search should exected for all name (say employee etc) which are satring from AB.

but for this search i don't need to press FIND button.so what can be that trigger on which in i can accomplish this task.

i tried to find such trigger or such logic but fail plzz make me successfull
thanks a lot

plzz any one can help
Re: about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134442 is a reply to message #134438] Wed, 24 August 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This question was asked a couple of months ago but I can't remember the final result.

I think I suggested using and LOV (based on a record group), but I think someone suggested using a List Item of some sort.

Experiment with a List Item and see how you get on.

David
Re: about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134460 is a reply to message #134442] Thu, 25 August 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanaafridi

well let me try david

cheers
Re: about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134504 is a reply to message #134438] Thu, 25 August 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi sana,

I have developed a certain type of search box in one of my application forms which enables me to search a player's name in a tlist which is ordered by player's surname in ascending order..

pls see the screen shot of my tlist on the following link

/forum/fa/380/0/

the whole process works in this way..

1. if you type 'A' or any alphabet in the search box and then press enter the tlist will automatically highlight the first name starting with the 'searched alphabet'

2. if u type the first letters of the player name (not initials) e.g 'Akr'of Akram ...the tlist will automatically highlight the first name matching the entered text

3. if u type the whole name and press enter it will again follow the same procedure..

I am eager to improve this functionlaity by making on the fly search...i.e. the tlist highlights the matching name as soon as the user types anything in the search box and he doesn't need to press the enter button to make the search..

such type of feature would also be seen in Microsoft Windows next version in 2006 i.e. Windows LONGHORN...though its beta version also had such feature which i installed for some time last year..

if you are demanding the same fucntionality in your form then mail me i would make a sample form and would send u...

regards,
Asim.
wordswordsandwords@hotmail.com

• Attachment: Clip_5.jpg
    (Size: 21.56KB, Downloaded 1104 times)
Re: about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134507 is a reply to message #134504] Thu, 25 August 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanaafridi

hi asim
yes u got my intentions wright

so please send me that form.

toafridi2000@yahoo.com

thanks asim
regards
Re: about when text item changed --need a trigger in dev. [message #134613 is a reply to message #134438] Thu, 25 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous message
ramisy2k
Hi, for sample form
pls go here

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/50925/68790/

regards,
Asim.
Previous Topic: its urgent pleaseeeeeeeee :(
Next Topic: Here is the example of On the Fly Tlist Search
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:19:03 CDT 2024