Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reg Raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE
icon14.gif  Reg Raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE [message #132831] Tue, 16 August 2005 07:18 Go to next message
karthikraj
Dear friends,

How can i trap a RAISE FORMS_TRIGGER_FAILURE ocurred in some other trigger or back end into some other trigger where the control is running.

This may be confusing, i have given a detailed desc below.

In an application i have a when-button-pressed trigger where i ask the user whether to confirm the document. When the user says 'YES', somewhere some validation in back end or front end fires and an error like say 'Stock not found' is thrown and an Raise FORMS_TRIGGER_FAILURE given there is executed.( So what must happen here is , that the flow of execution must stop here, but..)

In the same when-button-pressed iam continuing with showing a label like 'CONFIRMED' when the user says 'YES'.

Now what happens is, even after the error is thrown and the raise FORMS_TRIGGER_FAILURE is executed, it is not stopping from continuing the execution of the remaining code in that same trigger (when-button-pressed). So my status comes confirmed even though an error has occured.

How to avoid this.

Thanx is advance to take ur time to read and write for me.
Re: Reg Raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE [message #132918 is a reply to message #132831] Tue, 16 August 2005 19:05 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have an 'exception' handler at the bottom of your trigger? It may contain a 'when others' condition.

What does it say?

David
Previous Topic: Converting Data from Excel to Database of Oracle
Next Topic: can i conneect form 5.0 with oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:23:13 CDT 2024