Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Accessing SQL Server By Using Oracle Forms 9i
Accessing SQL Server By Using Oracle Forms 9i [message #129937] Wed, 27 July 2005 06:26 Go to next message
Aamer Javaid
Dear Sir Or Madem,

We are currently working on a Project with Oracle Forms 9i at front end and Microsoft SQL server at back end. Could you please recommand me the steps to connect Oracle 9i Forms application with SQL Server database.

As for as concern with Oracle Transparent Gateways, It will not be accecpted. B-coze we have to have an ORacle Database between the two.

OR

Recommand me one of the followings for the same (With Practical Code).

1). Oracle Application Server 9i as a middle tier between the two.
2). Microsoft Internet Information Server as a middle tier between the two.
3). Oracle 10g's Integretion Adaptors(Oracle Fusion Middle Tier) between the
two.
4). Any Third party product such as Third party ODBC between the two.
5). In any case, It is never possible.

Thanks in Advance...

M. Aamer Javaid
Oracle Certified DBA
aamerjavaid@yahoo.com
Re: Accessing SQL Server By Using Oracle Forms 9i [message #130046 is a reply to message #129937] Wed, 27 July 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes you can connect to a MS SQl Server.

Search this forum 'sql server'. For example, http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/117977/67467/?srch=sql+server#msg_117977.

You just have to make sure that the SQL server is defined correctly in the tnsnames.ora file.

David
Re: Accessing SQL Server By Using Oracle Forms 9i [message #130070 is a reply to message #129937] Thu, 28 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous message
Aamer Javaid
Dear DJMARTIN,

Hope to find you with the best of health and mood.

The solution you replied in response to "Accessing SQL Server By Using Oracle Forms 9i" is not related to my question.

In fact it was an obsolete feature in Forms 6i named as OCA. but it is not available in Forms 9i.

If you have the information regarding Forms 9i Then Please Let me Know.

Aamer Javaid
aamerjavaid@yahoo.com
Previous Topic: Beginner nd Answer wanted (Beginners) (merged threads)
Next Topic: New Features Of ORACLE 8i and 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:32:25 CDT 2024