Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to avoid new id generation
How to avoid new id generation [message #129913] Wed, 27 July 2005 05:13 Go to next message
shum

when i just open a form new id is generated and without inserting any data i close that form but when i again open it the new id next to previos is generated but i want that when i insert data then id will generate.

example
there are three client 2 client only visit the form while one is entring the data but in data base the 3 id is generated???
but data is entered by one client

what can i do now???

[MOD-EDIT: Changed title]

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 05:40] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to avoid new id generation [message #129922 is a reply to message #129913] Wed, 27 July 2005 05:45 Go to previous message
Maaher
If you are asking how to avoid a new id from being generated without inserting:
Create a sequence on the database and let a before row insert trigger fill the id. Those kind of things should be programmed server side.

Gaps however are virtually unavoidable. We've had many discussions about this in the past. But is that really such a big issue?

PS: I've changed the topic title to something relevant. Read the sticky in the newbie forum for posting guidelines.

MHE
Previous Topic: when i run a report my "rdf" is not generated what can i do now?
Next Topic: What is Timer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:30:55 CDT 2024