Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Posting records in second form window
icon9.gif  Posting records in second form window [message #124750] Tue, 21 June 2005 04:20 Go to next message
miqulka
Hi,
I have two tables, say T and P, and field T.P_ID refernces P.ID.
I need to build a form where records of T are visible and there is a button which brings up a window with the corresponding P record. It also allows for selecting an other P record and return its ID into T.P_ID. So far not too hard.

My question is whether there is a convenient way
to allow the user to INSERT records in the P window at the same
time. My problem is when I close window P and open it for another T record. Then, P records need to be POSTed before the actual referenced P record can be displayed. If so, what trigger do you suggest for this action?

Question 2:
Do you guys prefer to always filter block P in such case,
or can I easily navigate to a given P.ID after a "fetch all"?
(I will have less than 100 records in table P).
Re: Posting records in second form window [message #124891 is a reply to message #124750] Wed, 22 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you are working in the same Oracle session then you should be able to see your new 'P' without doing a POST.

I would suggest running your form as a normal master-detail with a button to pop up a new form, based on a single block using the 'P' table. Then when you come back, the form exit behaviour will 'automatically' get the user to commit the new entry.

David
Previous Topic: Forms Application
Next Topic: counting the records fetched in data block for deleting purposes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:32:36 CDT 2024