Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to override the built-in procedures with my own procedure?
icon5.gif  How to override the built-in procedures with my own procedure? [message #124546] Mon, 20 June 2005 02:11 Go to next message
niranjan_tcs
Hi,

Do any one of you know how to override a built-in procedure with a user-defined procedure?

Example:
Whenever i call 'message(some_string)', it should call a procedure 'meesage()' that i have defined but not the forms6i built-in procedure 'message()'.

Right now, iam able to create a procedure called 'message()' with my own definition and successfully compile it also, but this is not called when executed, but the built in 'message()' procedure is called.

Please pour in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Niranjan

Re: How to override the built-in procedures with my own procedure? [message #124547 is a reply to message #124546] Mon, 20 June 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think it inadvisable to create an object with the same name as an Oracle object.

That having been said, where did you create this 'message' procedure - in the form, in a form library, or in the database?

David
Re: How to override the built-in procedures with my own procedure? [message #124553 is a reply to message #124547] Mon, 20 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niranjan_tcs
David,

I created it in the form.

Niranjan
Re: How to override the built-in procedures with my own procedure? [message #124555 is a reply to message #124553] Mon, 20 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... I just checked ... 'message' is a reserved word ... have a look in the 'help' system under 'reserved words'.

David
Previous Topic: interview qs (from a fresher)
Next Topic: Forms 6 <-> Oracle 10g a working combination ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:49:27 CDT 2024