Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » fields changing property unexpectedly
fields changing property unexpectedly [message #122839] Wed, 08 June 2005 14:38 Go to next message
kirchoff

All,

I've recently taken over support of an application written in forms 6

I have a form that I'm able to edit first_name, last_name, middle and comments. but when I change to another block and try to back to one of the previous mentioned items I'm unable to edit it.

I've tried searching for set_item_property and nothing.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas off the top of their heads.

Thanks,
Alan
Re: fields changing property unexpectedly [message #123201 is a reply to message #122839] Fri, 10 June 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ram kumar
hi
search for set_block_property
Ram
Re: fields changing property unexpectedly [message #123210 is a reply to message #123201] Fri, 10 June 2005 09:31 Go to previous message
kirchoff

Thanks, tried that.

Found it yesterday.

There were some fields added to the form and table. (updated_by, update_date, created_by, created_date). On the form they were set as database item's, which would normally be correct. However, when I set them as "non-database items" it all worked.

Turned out there is a triggeron the table updating the updated_by and update_date columns already.

The weird thing is that by adding those items to the form and making them database items it changed the behavior of the form, which you wouldn't think it would.

Weird.

-Alan
Previous Topic: frm 40657 error
Next Topic: connecting non-oracle database with Oracle Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:39:09 CDT 2024