Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » to retrieve BLOB images from database using oracle form 10g
to retrieve BLOB images from database using oracle form 10g [message #675913] Mon, 29 April 2019 00:25 Go to next message
firozali
Hello Everybody,

1- I'm using oracle forms 10g

2- I have a data block based on a database table which contains a long row column to store images.

3 - There is a LOV on the "name" field to allow the user to select the record he wants and i made a mapping in the LOV to display all the related items of the selected record and it works fine but without retrieving the image item ( i can't include the image field in the query of the record group that feed the LOV with data, it gives me an error FRM-30049 unable to build column mapping )

Can anyone tell me how to display the image related to selected record from the LOV in the image item..
Re: to retrieve BLOB images from database using oracle form 10g [message #675927 is a reply to message #675913] Mon, 29 April 2019 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that you can include an image into the LoV window. If you need that option, you'll have to create your own list of values window (possibly as a stacked canvas).

If it is OK to use current LoV (but without the image), do so - and fetch the image in the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM (for new values) and POST-QUERY (while retrieving rows from the database).
Re: to retrieve BLOB images from database using oracle form 10g [message #675929 is a reply to message #675927] Tue, 30 April 2019 01:10 Go to previous message
firozali
Thanks for the reply...
Actually i want to retrieve blob images in my custom forms which is already in image setup table.can you please suggest How to display images in my forms.

I used the trigger POST-QUERY:

Declare
v_blob blob;

begin
select IMAGE_BLOB
into v_blob
from XXCCIMAGE_V
where INVENTORY_ITEM_ID = :XXCCIMAGE_V.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID;

if v_blob is not null then
read_image_file('v_blob', 'JPEG', 'XXCCIMAGE_V.IMAGE_BLOB');
end if;
end;
Previous Topic: fmcus.msb error
Next Topic: TNSNAMES.ORA ERROR (merged 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:47:09 CDT 2024