Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Determine which Standard Edition is installed (10.2 to 12.1.0.1)
Determine which Standard Edition is installed [message #673517] Thu, 22 November 2018 01:04 Go to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

From 10.2 to 12.1.0.1 we have 2 versions of Standard Edition: Standard Edition and Standard Edition One.

Now I have a user with SELECT ANY DICTIONARY and EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE privileges and only remote access to the database (no access to the database server(s)).

With these restrictions, is there a way to determine if the installed edition is SE or SE1?

(I know this has been asked many times in fora but no actual solutions have been given, even on MOS, unless I missed them.)

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2018 02:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Determine which Standard Edition is installed [message #673572 is a reply to message #673517] Sat, 24 November 2018 12:25 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Well, installing both editions I found NO differences between SE and SE1:

* Install log contains EXACTLY the same lines (ignoring temporary files/directories names, datetimes and Oracle Home names) but this one which reports what has been clicked in install screen (install in French):
- Edition de base de données : Standard Edition One (Installer le logiciel de base de données uniquement)
- Edition de base de données : Standard Edition (Installer le logiciel de base de données uniquement)

* After creating a database on each installed edition: v$option and sys.registry$ contain EXACTLY the same rows.

So I tend to think there is no way to distinguish a SE edition from a SE1 one from the database.
If someone find something (or has some suggestions where to investigate), it will be welcome...

Previous Topic: Dropping private synonyms
Next Topic: Finding Skip Scan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:38:34 CDT 2024