Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle instance does not start
Oracle instance does not start [message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 07:54 Go to next message
Ertan EYIMAYA
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I installed Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows XP. OracleService<SID> is in AUTOSTART mode.But instance does not start. Every time, I start it by using DBA Studio or SVRMGRL on DOS. I delete the instance and recreate it with the same name first, with different name second but it does not work. In registry HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME0/ORA_<SID>_AUTOSTART IS TRUE. But still it does not start automaticly. I uninstalled it and reinstall Oracle from the beginning but again the same problem. Maybe it is because of Windows XP but it start with SVRMGRL or DBA Studio? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS............
Re: Oracle8.1.6 instance does not start automatically on window XP [message #55915 is a reply to message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ertan EYIMAYA
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I installed Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows XP. OracleService is in AUTOSTART mode.But instance does not start. Every time, I start it by using DBA Studio or SVRMGRL on DOS. I delete the instance and recreate it with the same name first, with different name second but it does not work. In registry HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME0/ORA__AUTOSTART IS TRUE. But still it does not start automaticly. I uninstalled it and reinstall Oracle from the beginning but again the same problem. Maybe it is because of Windows XP but it start with SVRMGRL or DBA Studio? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS............
Re: Oracle instance does not start [message #55916 is a reply to message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did u try starting the instance manuallY?
use svrmgrl to connnect as internal
and issue STARTUP.
if u get any errors ,post the exact errors
goto check the alert_< sid >.log file and post the exact errors.
Make sure u have set ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME is in your PATH.
Re: Oracle instance does not start [message #55918 is a reply to message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ertan EYIMAYA
YES I TRIED. AND IT STARTED. I DID NOT GET ERRORS. BUT I WANT IT TO START AUTOMATICALLY EVERY TIME I OPEN THE COMPUTER. I DONT WANT EVERY TIME USE SVRMAGRL OPTION TO STARTUP. ORACLE_SID(HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME0/ORACLE_SID=orcl) IS SET AND ORACLE_HOME IS IN MY PATH(C:OracleOra81bin;C:Program FilesOraclejre1.1.7bin;C:OracleOra81orbbin).THANKS..........
Re: Oracle instance does not start [message #55920 is a reply to message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ertan EYIMAYA
thanks....
YES I TRIED. AND IT STARTED. I DID NOT GET ERRORS. BUT I WANT IT TO START AUTOMATICALLY EVERY TIME I OPEN THE COMPUTER.(it is set auto in services but it does not behave auto.OracleService<SID> in services is always in "starting" mode...not "started" even I start it with svrmgrl...) I DONT WANT EVERY TIME USE SVRMAGRL OPTION TO STARTUP. ORACLE_SID(HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME0/ORACLE_SID=orcl) IS SET AND ORACLE_HOME IS IN MY PATH(C:OracleOra81bin;C:Program FilesOraclejre1.1.7bin;C:OracleOra81orbbin).THANKS..........
Re: Oracle instance does not start [message #55922 is a reply to message #55914] Mon, 24 February 2003 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
there is a utilty specifically for windows env. to create a new oracle service and make it autostart.
i beleive it is ORADIM
C:v2>oradim
ORADIM: <command> [[options]].  Please refer to the manual.
Please enter one of the following command:
  Create an instance by specifying the following parameters:
    -NEW -SID sid | -SRVC service [[-INTPWD password]] [[-MAXUSERS number]] [[-STARTMODE a&#124m]] [[-PFILE file]] [[-TIMEOUT secs]]
  Edit an instance by specifying the following parameters:
    -EDIT -SID sid [[-NEWSID sid]] [[-INTPWD password]] [[-STARTMODE auto&#124manual]] [[-PFILE filename]]
          [[-SHUTMODE a&#124i&#124n]] [[-SHUTTYPE srvc&#124inst&#124srvc,inst]] [[-TIMEOUT seconds]]
  Delete instances by specifying the following:
    -DELETE -SID sid | -SRVC service name
  Startup services and instance by specifying the following parameters:
    -STARTUP -SID sid [[-USRPWD password]] [[-STARTTYPE srvc&#124inst&#124srvc,inst]] [[-PFILE filename]]
  Shutdown services and instance by specifying the following parameters:
    -SHUTDOWN -SID sid [[-USRPWD password]] [[-SHUTTYPE srvc&#124inst&#124srvc,inst]] [[-SHUTMODE a | i | n]]
  Query for help by specifying the following parameters: -? | -h | -help

C:v2>

Re: Oracle instance does not start [message #55926 is a reply to message #55922] Tue, 25 February 2003 00:07 Go to previous message
Ertan EYIMAYA
THANKS MUCH....
I DELETE THE INSTANCE AND RECREATE IT AS YOU DESCRIBE AND IT WORKED...
THANKS AGAIN....
Previous Topic: Re: uninstall oracle 8.0
Next Topic: when I insert chinese character into my oracle ,my oralce display "???? "?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:26:40 CDT 2024