Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Universal Installer Windows NT 4.0 SP6
Universal Installer Windows NT 4.0 SP6 [message #55696] Mon, 10 February 2003 09:34 Go to next message
Jim Russell
I am hoping that my question will not be viewed as trivial. After starting the Universal Installer (to install 9i v2 on Windows NT v4 SP6), I selected Enterprise Edition. Then I selected custom. On this list of products I selected that I wanted to see all products.

There are many products that I do not want installed. The reasons are that either I don't require them, and/or want them.

However when I drill down and click on the plus next to "optional" + sign, I am unable to de-select. All products have a check mark and are grey character with a white background.

Can anyone tell me how to un-check those products I don't wish to install? I don't want to install and
then deinstall. Why? When you deinstall a product
it also deinstalls any dependent products as well (unless it might give you an option to un check items).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Please email me if possible. I will check here from
time to time as well.

Thanks.
Re: Universal Installer Windows NT 4.0 SP6 [message #55699 is a reply to message #55696] Mon, 10 February 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Some products are gray, because they depend on a product which is not being already removed.

Usually that the case for HTTP server, Spatial, VR, Intermedia, etc. You have to remove the parent first, then the children will be available for de-select. If you would provided specific product list, I could give you exact order to remove it.

However, try the JAVA and Intermedia first.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Universal Installer Windows NT 4.0 SP6 [message #55720 is a reply to message #55699] Wed, 12 February 2003 06:27 Go to previous message
Jim Russell
here is an example. When I choose custom (instead of general, olap, warehouse) the top plus sign is oracle server v9.2...., when I click on it and drill down I find that it wants to install two starter databases (olap and warehouse). Another example is that it wants to install the Advanced Replication. We are using this at the present time.

I hope someone has a solution.
Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Oralce9i on Solaris 8 installation problem
Next Topic: Oracle9i Release 2, Apache-Server, FastCgi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:54:54 CDT 2024