Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Red Hat and Oracle - versions to combine? clustering, etc.
Red Hat and Oracle - versions to combine? clustering, etc. [message #54383] Thu, 14 November 2002 06:37 Go to next message
Sascha
What versions should i combine with what Red Hat version?
Oracle 8.1.7.4
Oracle 9.2

And what Red Hat I must use. I will use clustering function.

Greets
Sascha
Junior-DBA ;-)
Re: Red Hat and Oracle - versions to combine? clustering, etc. [message #54384 is a reply to message #54383] Thu, 14 November 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
oracle RAC ( real application clusters ) is one of the best products of its kind available in then arena.
and RAC goes too good with LINUX based clusters.
this RAC is available only with 9i.
with 8i, it OPS
Re: Red Hat and Oracle - versions to combine? clustering, etc. [message #54394 is a reply to message #54383] Thu, 14 November 2002 19:31 Go to previous message
Gilson
Hi.

The first thing that you need to know is: Until Oracle 8i this technology was called Oracle parallel server in Oracle 9i is called Real application Cluster (RAC)

I suggest use 9i R2, and you have to use Red Hat advanced server 2.1, this is the only certified environment whit red hat, but you can user SUSE linuz SLES 7 too.

Hope this helps you
Gilson
OCP - DBA
Previous Topic: Viewing all the objects from tablespace
Next Topic: Urgent! NLS_LANG - How do I find out what's the setting without the environment variable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:00:34 CDT 2024