Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » sql trace on users how to
sql trace on users how to [message #53903] Wed, 16 October 2002 15:40 Go to next message
Teresa
I would like to set up sql tracing on some users, can someone please
tell me how can I do it. I needed in order to view how many times some
users are connecting to the database then I need to set up user
profiles for that specific users that are taking to many connections.
Any ideias would be great
Thanks
Teresa
Re: sql trace on users how to [message #53904 is a reply to message #53903] Wed, 16 October 2002 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Since Oracle 8i, you can create LOGON triggers. When the trigger is fired, you can do whatever actions you have to do. Create LOGON trigger as:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER users_logon
AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE
BEGIN
place_your_code_here;
END;
/

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: sql trace on users how to [message #53906 is a reply to message #53903] Wed, 16 October 2002 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teresa
Thanks Trifon

What I'm looking for is the following, I have permament users logged into the database, through a aplication I want to see how many are doing queries, running jobs etc. since they all use the same userid, I would like to enable sql tracing then I could use TKPROF to view the information. This is oracle 8174
Thanks
Teresa
Re: sql trace on users how to [message #53919 is a reply to message #53906] Thu, 17 October 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
heyy,
your Question can be solved by implementing more than one solution..
for knowing when the users are logging in and logging off u can write after logon / before logoff triggers and u can dump user data from V$Session to a temp table.. as far as Viewing all the transactions being done by user.. use Logminer.. (provided u need to have your database in Archivelog mode).
Re: sql trace on users how to [message #53931 is a reply to message #53906] Fri, 18 October 2002 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
use v$sqlarea to find what user do ( join with v$session )

to put a session in trace use built-in package

DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION( SID,SERIAL,TRUE )

Hope it's helpful !
Re: sql trace on users how to [message #55540 is a reply to message #53903] Wed, 29 January 2003 18:04 Go to previous message
rnirmala
No Message Body
Previous Topic: Weird Index Problems
Next Topic: Connecting to oracle 7.1 database from sqlplus 3.3 and forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:40:13 CDT 2024