Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » MTS configuration - unable to connect to database
MTS configuration - unable to connect to database [message #53313] Thu, 12 September 2002 03:41 Go to next message
rosie
Hi,

I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 on a Sun server and I've been trying to configure MTS. I have the following values in my init.ora file

mts_listener_address="(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=htdev04)(port=1521))"
mts_service=TEST
mts_dispatchers="(protocol=tcp)(dispatchers=2)"
mts_max_dispatchers=50
mts_servers=5
mts_max_servers=50

In my tnsnames.ora file I have

TEST=
(DESCRIPTION=
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=htdev04)(PORT=1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA=
(SERVICE_NAME = TEST)
(SRVR = SHARED)
)
)

I have also tried this without stipulating SRVR=SHARED

When I start the database everything looks fine and when I use lsnrctrl services, I can see the dispatchers and they look O.K. However, when I try to connect to the database from the Oracle client I get an oracle error 12154 and can not connect. If I comment out the mts parameters in the init.ora file and then restart the database, I am able to connect fine via the oracle client. I don't fully understand why the mts parameters effect my ability to connect via the client. If I open an sqlplus session on the server it works fine.

Thanks for your help

Rosie
Re: MTS configuration - unable to connect to database [message #55020 is a reply to message #53313] Fri, 27 December 2002 00:13 Go to previous message
Gautam Ghosh
Hi,

If the problem is still there, try adding the entry for the Sun server in your client PC's winntsystem32driversetchosts file.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Export error on Rollback segments
Next Topic: Archivelog Mode Change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:24:55 CDT 2024