Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Sending a mail from PL/SQL procedures!!!!!urgent
Sending a mail from PL/SQL procedures!!!!!urgent [message #53088] Tue, 27 August 2002 22:24 Go to next message
mani
Hi,
I need to send an automatic mail whenever a data in a table is updated.
In the mail i should attach a
1)Word document which describes about the changes made in the table.

2)Excel spreadsheet containing the changes.

This mail should be sent to multiple recipients.The problem is the mail should be sent from lotus notes Email Id.
I have code for sending a mail with attachment but using Microsoft Outlook by using OLE2.

Now is there anyway of doing this from PL/SQL procedure?
I know i can use UTL_SMTP...But dont know what should be done this to work?????I dont have DBA permission too.I think jave should be enabled in it????Or else anyother way of byepassing java stuff??????
Can any one help me!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
Mani
Re: Sending a mail from PL/SQL procedures!!!!!urgent [message #53125 is a reply to message #53088] Wed, 28 August 2002 11:45 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Many methods exist for sending e-mail messages from PL/SQL code. You can use JAVA of course to do that, but w/o JAVA implementations are available as well.

The following link has URL's to ready to use code as well as steps to follow to make it working. How to send e-mail from PL/SQL code

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: help....sql loader and VB
Next Topic: how can I detect not used indexes in 8.1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:32:03 CDT 2024