Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Slow response from tnsping
Slow response from tnsping [message #52504] Fri, 26 July 2002 07:50 Go to next message
damrodd
We are running Oracle 7.3.4. We have a installation that has been running for several years, but started receiving a strange problem this week. Our tnsping response time to one server at a remote location has been varying from 10ms to 5000ms. The busier the system is, the worse the response. We are able to ping the server with no problem, and a traceroute looks fine. The network admins on both sides have been looking into the problem, but can find no problems. We have other servers with Oracle at this remote location, but have not seen these problems. Any ideas?
Re: Slow response from tnsping [message #52509 is a reply to message #52504] Fri, 26 July 2002 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Remove the DNS entries from the /etc/resolv.conf
file. Also, ensure the /etc/hosts file is up to date. The idea is to make server to resolve all hostnames locally rather than using the DNS server.
Re: Slow response from tnsping [message #53239 is a reply to message #52509] Fri, 06 September 2002 00:24 Go to previous message
Anupam Ahuja
I'm using my database server from my Citrix server.
from where should I remove the entry? from my citrix server? or Database server.
Previous Topic: Oracle/ColdFusion/bind variables
Next Topic: pfile and spfile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:43:09 CDT 2024